Monday, June 13, 2011

UWG Staff Member Elected to National College Testing Association Board



UWG staff member Francesca Taylor, director of Learning Support and Testing, has recently been elected to a four-year term on the governing board of the National College Testing Association.


NCTA is composed of 1,000 members who are associated with post-secondary testing centers and testing support companies. The association aims to establish and uphold standards and guidelines for testing centers that administer paper and pencil and computer-based examinations.


Taylor is pleased with the exciting news.


“My NCTA involvement means a lot to me, and—whether my role be conference attendee, conference presenter, board member, or officer, I do all I can to bring credit to the profession, my department, and my institution.”


Taylor previously served on the board from 2000 to 2006; during the 2005-2006 year, she served as president. She has also attended every national conference, where she has presented, and regularly served as session moderator. Taylor is also the previous chair of the 2010 conference in Atlanta. Currently, she serves as the chair of the editing committee and as a conference coordinator for the 2011 conference, which will be in San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment