Friday, March 9, 2012

Missing piece to the puzzle


by Jordan Hofeditz/Times-Georgian

Things didn’t exactly start the way Lavon Gray had planned upon first arriving at the University of West Georgia.

The 6-foot-5 junior came to UWG following an all-conference season with Ohlone College in California and was expected to contribute as an additional big man inside for men’s basketball coach Michael Cooney.

But Gray wasn’t able to participate in preseason workouts because of a stress fracture in his leg.

“It was pretty hard for me, because I wanted to get out there and play with my guys. Especially coming from JUCO, I didn’t really know anybody and they didn’t know if I could play or not. Getting the stress fracture in my leg, I just tried to stay as upbeat as I could, just talk to the guys and hang out with them without being out on the court,” Gray said.

Read more:Times-Georgian - Missing piece to the puzzle

No comments:

Post a Comment